FRAGRANT BATH SALTS WHICH CAN BE MADE EASILY AT HOME
TO MAKE BATH SALTS:
- Coarse sea salt (or a
mixture of Epsom salts and
- Rose essential oil
- Rose petals
- Water bottle with swing
- Glass bowl
- Knitting needle or chop stick
- Pink ribbons
- Rose quartz bracelet
- Small luggage tag‘S’ alphabet rubber stamp
and ink pad
- Small wooden spoon with a
hole in the handle
- Beading wire
- Brown string
- Note:They are optional.
HOW TO MAKE THIS BATH SALT:
STEP1: Put the salts in a glass bowl, add several drops rose(or any other flavor) essential oil and stir thoroughly. (Rose petals when dried don’t really retain their perfume, so the fragrance from the essential oil is important.)
STEP 2: Fill a bottle about two-thirds full with the rose(any other) salt granules.
STEP 3: Top up bottle with dried rose petals and either stir to mix in using the knitting needle or chopstick, or leave them as they are, whichever you prefer.
(Note: Whole rose petals look beautiful but to avoid blocking the drain, it would be safer to crush them before adding them to the bath salts.)
TO DECORATE YOUR SALT:
- Stamp a letter ‘S’ (any alphabet that u prefer)on the luggage tag and attach it to the neck of the bottle using jewellery wire. Tie the ribbon in a bow around the neck of the bottle.
- Thread the wooden spoon onto a second length of wire and twist the wire to create a hanging loop. Thread a length of brown string through the spoon’s wire loop and through the crystal bracelet, then tie them both to the ribbon bow to attach.
TIP… Instead of attaching a wooden spoon, you could slot a small, vintage silver spoon into the stopper front clasp or back hinge or any wooden piece.