FIND FASHION THAT FLATTERS
Getting dressed is a whole lot easier when you know what pieces work best for your shape.Body shape is all about proportion, and fashion is all about dressing those proportions to look their very best. There are plenty of fashion trends every year, but this does not mean you should wear them all.When you think about body types,, don’t focus on height and weight… focus on ‘shape’.
Each of us are unique and our bodies too!!Nevertheless our body types are categorized into five types:Pear,wedge,rectangle,circle and hourglass.You might fall into one category, or you might be a blend of two or more categories.Once you’ve determined your body shape, you can begin to consider which fashion trends to embrace and which to avoid.
Whether you’re a petite hourglass or a wedge, get tips on how to love your body and to dress for your figure.
1.PEAR BODY SHAPE
It is called as pear because it resembles the shape of the pear.It is also known as triangle shape. If you have such body you must avoid clothes that make your hips and booty look bigger, like trousers with big lines, or pockets on your hips, and big bags that are exactly at the level of the hips. Instead, you can wear clutches and other small bag, and if you want a bigger bag, then choose one with short straps that is at least at the level of your waistline. As for the clothes, you may choose wide-leg pants, which will make your silhouette longer and slimmer. Choose also blouses with wider necklines which will make your shoulders wider and almost as big are your hips.
DO’S AND DONT’S:
If your body is pear-shaped then you want to minimize your lower half and focus attention upward.
- DON’T wear clothing that draws attention to hips and thighs, such as cargo pants or print skirts.
- DO try a-line skirts, which camouflage wider hips.
- DO keep hems of pants, skirts and dresses wide to balance the hips.
- DO look for boat neck tops, square and cowl necklines.
- DO wear strapless dresses to show offarms and even out proportions.
- DO experiment with light-colored tops and dark-colored bottoms for contrast.
- DO try styles with ruffles on top.
- DO opt for pointy-toed shoes to elongate your legs.
2.WEDGE BODY TYPE
This body type is also known as an inverted triangle body shape.A wedge body type has the exact opposite proportions to the pear body shape. In this case, the upper body (aka. bustline) is wider and disproportionate to the lower trunk region (aka. hips). A waistline is still defined and your bust tends to be bigger. If this is your body type, then you should avoid wearing clothes that accentuate the upper half of your body, especially your shoulders, such as shoulder pads (forget about them), puff sleeves, big straps and big shawl collars. You should also avoid clutches. They are small and won’t accentuate the lower part of your body, which is what you need exactly. You need to accentuate the lower part of your body, the hips and the booty. Now you can wear skirts or trousers with details and volume on the hips. You can also wear bigger belts and big bags to balance the parts of your body.
DO’S AND DONT’S:
If you have a wedge body, then you want to draw attention downward to the narrower parts of your body, such as your waist and hips.
- DO wear bright colors on bottom.
- DO wear wide-leg pants.
- DO wear full skirts.
- DON’T wear spaghetti-strap tops.
- DON’T wear boat neckline tops.
- DO wear tops that call attention to your waistline.
- DO experiment with high-waisted styles.
- DO look for clothes that create the illusion of a waist.
3.RECTANGULAR BODY SHAPE
If you have such body type then the waist,hip and shoulder widths of your body are similar and are usually on the slim side.Slender rectangles have an athletic look about them.The best asserts of these body shape are your arms and legs and you do not have to minimize any body features.The fashion goals of this body type is to create curves and show off slender legs and arms
DO’S AND DONT’S
If your body is rectangle-shaped,then you want to create curves where they don’t necessarily exist.
- DO wear scoop neck and sweetheart tops to create curves.
- DO wear long jackets to create a lean look.
- DO wear tops with collars, ruffles and details to flatter your chest.
- DO wear a good bra that will make the most of what you have.
- DON’T wear overwhelming styles.
- DO layer to add more dimensions.
- DO wear dresses with ruching. Cinches on sides are ideal.
- DO have fun with colorful bottoms… feel free to experiment.
4.CIRCULAR BODY SHAPE
Women with circular body shapes have big rounded shoulders, big busts, rounded belly, rounder hips and booty. This body shape is also called “apple” because it resembles the shape of an apple. If this is your body type, then you need to avoid certain types of clothing, like these ones that draw attention to the middle part of your body, especially the belly. Always avoid wearing belts no matter whether they are small or big. With them you will only attract attention to your belly and will make it look bigger. You should also avoid blouses and shirts with sleeves that end somewhere in the middle of your belly, instead you should wear long sleeves. You should also avoid skirts above the knee even if you like your legs. Such short length will only attract attention to your middle part of the body. You should also not wear too much fabric. Choose clothes that are well-fitted and make your body longer and slimmer, like costumes, or dresses to the floor. They will cover your body, but it will not look like too much is going on. Shift dresses will also look good on your body because they will make the middle of your body look slimmer. You can also wear it with high heels to look even longer and slimmer.
DO’S AND DONT’S
If you have an circular-shaped body, then you want to elongate your midsection and create the illusion of a smaller waist.
- DO go for monochromatic looks.
- DO go for v-neck tops to create the illusion of a longer torso.
- DO wear a bra that offers good lift and support.
- DO wear belts at the smallest part of your waist.
- DO conceal tummy bulge by wearing empire tops and dresses.
- DO wear boot cut and flared jeans to create an even line from the shoulders down.
- DO wear shorter skirts to show off your legs and draw attention away from your midsection.
5.HOURGLASS BODY TYPE
If you have such body type then your shoulders and hips are relatively equal in size, while your waistline is thinner, and in the end your body looks like and hourglass. You do not need to worry and try to hide your body, so avoid big clothes that will just cover you up. Accentuate your curves as much as you can and never try to hide them. Try with a pair of pants or jeans that will accentuate your natural waistline and will follow the curves of your legs. A wrap dress is another perfect example of what you should wear. Wrap the belt of the dress around your waistline to accentuate it. Another flattering piece of clothing is a V-neck top which will help you flatter your curves without exaggerating them. And if it is close-fitted it would be even better because it will also flatter your waistline. Combine it with a skirt that follows your natural silhouette, and you will look amazing.
DO’S AND DONT’S
If your body is hourglass-shaped,then you’re a lucky girl! Your shape is all about tastefully showing off those curves: not too baggy, not too tight
- DON’T hide your curves with baggy clothing.
- DO wear a good bra and showcase your bust.
- DO wear fitted dresses.
- DO wear a belt at the waist to enhance your hourglass shape.
- DO try wrap dresses.
- DO go for high-waisted skirts to show off your hips.
- DO pick thin, lightweight styles and fabrics.
- DO wear skinny or straight leg jeans.
If you can’t be better than your competition,just dress better-Anna Wintour